Monday, July 23, 2012

Training - 07/16/12 - 07/22/12


34.14 miles this week. It's been a busy week with the wife spending a long weekend in the mountains. Plus work has been crazy, and Diana's brother and family flew in on Friday for an extended visit.

Monday, July 16 - 0 Miles - Forced rest day.

Tuesday, July 17 - 0 Miles - Forced rest day.

Wednesday, July 18 - 10.06 Miles, 9:11 pace, 161 HR.  A very hot, and little longer lunch run today on the usual High Line Canal route.  I felt really good starting out and so pushed a bit harder.

Thursday, July 19 - 0 Miles - Planned rest day.

Friday, July 20 - 8.05 Miles, 10:11 pace, 158 HR.  Felt decent today exploring the new Douglas County East West Trail section that comes off the top of The Bluffs Regional Park in Lone Tree. There is about 3.1 miles of new trail. Very hot and very exposed.

Saturday, July 21 - 0 Miles - Planned rest day.

Sunday, July 22 - 16.03 Miles, 11:30 pace, 147 HR. I wanted to get 18 in today out on the Douglas County East West Trail and the Highlands Ranch Back Country, but called it short. It was an awful outing. It was super dark, with no moon and no clouds, my legs were total crap, and I was super tired. Days like today make you really appreciate the good runs.

Nutrition - I hang my head in shame. I'm going to start posting my weight with my stats too.  Maybe that will help motivate me.  A terrible week of nutrition - again.  I'm just having massive cravings for junk food since the North Fork 50 Mile, and I have zero will power to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment