Sunday, July 15, 2012

Training - 07/09/12 - 07/15/12

26.37 miles this week with mixed results. Felt good early in the week, and not so good towards the end.

Monday, July 9 - 7.79 miles - 9:34 pace - 157 HR - Felt really good until about 6.5 miles, though my right leg felt kinda off, weak and tired, at about 4.5 miles. Overall, a positive run. Not expecting any endurance to be back just yet.

Tuesday, July 10 - 6.27 miles - 10:11 pace - 150 HR - Tried something new with breathing today after reading an article on www.nomeatathlete.com. Another positive outing, but legs were tired after about 5 miles.

Wednesday, July 11 - Rest day.

Thursday, July 12 - 6.04 miles , 11:10 pace , 148 HR - No energy, no legs, no motivate - and starving.

Friday, July 13 - 6.27 miles, 9:37 pace, 156 HR - Run started out OK, but deteriorated rapidly after about 4 miles. Oh, and I'm starving still. Won't get a chance to run now until next Tuesday.

Saturday, July 14 - Planned rest day.

Sunday, July 15 - Forced rest day - parenting.

Nutrition this week - with the exception of the weekend I was very good. Until the weekend, I stuck to my plan the whole time, and shed a few pounds. I've been craving salt like crazy since Friday's run though. Really craving...

I was totally starving starting Thursday and wonder if that's just because of sticking to my plan and my body is going through withdrawls. Satuday night was kinda ugly with me putting down an entire bag of Terra Sweets and Beets. Oh, and topped with Pita Pal Jalapeno Hummus. Would have been OK if I had only had a handful - but the whole friggin' bag with a 1/4 of a Costco sized container of dip!

Sunday - carnage. Totally caved. Authentic Mexican and beers with my neighbors. Did get a huge nap in with the kids though, followed by pizza for dinner. Lots of pizza. And lets not forget a second bag of Terra Sweets and Beets in there (with hummus again) too. And shall we end the evening off with ice cream? Yes, I think we shall.

A great nutrition week left hanging in taters - again... Why do I totally struggle with weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment