Monday, August 13, 2012

Training - 08/06/12 - 08/12/12


13.44 miles this week. Would have liked to have double this number but a slow recovery from the Leadville run on Saturday night made that impossible. Less than a week now until the LT100 where I'll be pacing the Agile Fox from Twin Lakes to the finish - about 40 miles.

Monday, August 6 - 0 Miles - Rest day.  167.0 lbs.  Sore like crazy from the Leadville run. Smart eating, though I've been hitting the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus a lot (not paleo).  Haven't been eating any red meat lately either.  I'm curious to see how that's going to affect me.

Tuesday,  August 7 - 0 Miles - Rest day. 162.6 lbs  Still sore like crazy and starting to wonder if the lack of red meat is affecting my recovery. I seem to recover really fast when eating red meat. Down 4.4 lbs after a day of urinating like crazy on Monday. Makes we wonder about an article I read not long ago (I'll have to try to find it again) about the body retaining water in the muscles to help with recovery - or maybe it was just my salt levels returning to normal.

Wednesday,  August  8 - 0 miles - Forced rest day. 161.6  lbs. Close friends from Michigan and Scotland arrive!

Thursday,  August 9 - 0 Miles - Forced rest day. 162.8  lbs. Planned early morning run got postponed until Friday. Coors Brewery tour, Lookout Mountain and a drive through Evergreen and Red Rocks was on the plate today.

Friday,  August 10 - 6.3 Miles, 10:42 pace, 151 HR. 163.8 lbs. Early morning Highlands Ranch Back Country run with David and Chris. First, long awaited, run with David was great!  He got to meet Chris and to get a little taste of CO trail running.

Saturday,  August 11 - 0 Miles - Forced rest day. 166.8  lbs.  The Beaver Creek 10k with David never happened.  Everyone was trashed from their cross-country drive and from a full day in the car touring around Rocky Mountain National Park on Friday, and a busy Thursday too. Maybe next year.

Sunday,  August 12 -  7.14 Miles, 10:54 pace, 148 HR. 164.2  lbs. Another early morning run, after a late night out in LoDo Denver. Took David to The Bluffs and he did a great job on the over 700' of climbing!

Nutrition - Monday and Tuesday were good. After that, not so good. Lots of wine, beer, and over-eating. I really need to get things back on track with my training diet. My stomach was killing me all day on Saturday and so I managed to at least stay away from gluten and dairy on that day. I feel so much better when I stay away from gluten and dairy - but it's so hard - even with need to stay light, and need to drop 10 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment