Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Training - 07/30/12 - 08/05/12

39.19 miles this week.  Just trying to be conservative leading up to the LT100 on August 18th.  Better to be under-trained and rested than over-trained and spent.

Monday, July 30 - 0 Miles - Rest day.  162.2 lbs.

Tuesday, July 31 - 7.79 Miles, 11:30 pace, ??? HR. 161.0 lbs.  I forgot my Garmin at home today.  I'm sure the distance and pace aren't 100% accurate, but Endomondo probably got it close enough.  Did an 'easy' pace today at the Boneyard with Chris which was anything but easy.  It was a massive suffer-fest, and hot.  Nutrition - good through the day, and then authentic Mexican at our neighbors, with drinks.

Wednesday, August 1 - 10.10 Miles, 9:36 pace, 159 HR. 160.4  lbs.  A great day today, out with the Agile Fox again, on the High Line Canal. We did some intervals - 0.5 miles, 0.5 miles, 1.0 miles, 0.5 miles, and 0.5 miles. Of course my pace was anywhere between 1:30 to 3:00 slower than his. Legs felt great, and had good energy levels. Need to incorporate runs like this more often, and hopefully get a bit faster.

Thursday,  August 2 -  0 Miles - Rest day.  159.2  lbs.  Nice to see 15x again!

Friday, August 3 - 0 Miles - Rest day.  159.8 lbs.

Saturday,  August 4 -  21.3 Miles, 14:26 pace, 149 HR. 161.6  lbs.  Leadville night run with Chris in preparation for the LT100 in two weeks where I'll be pacing him for the last 40 miles. That's my highest altitude run ever. The elevation was min 9,628' - max 11,111' according to my Garmin.  My legs were on fire, mostly the calves and hamstrings, and it felt like I couldn't catch my breath - even though my HR was normal.  Poor eating on Friday and Saturday led to a bit of GI distress for the run too. I think I'll do a separate blog write-up on this effort.

Sunday,  August 5 -  0 Miles - Rest day. 163.4  lbs.  Poor, poor eating and lots of beers.

Nutrition - It's pretty easy to see by my daily weigh-in numbers when nutrition is good, and when it all goes horribly wrong.  Friday and Saturday I didn't eat well at all. Lots of wheat and lots of dairy. That did me no favors for the Leadville run.  Sunday was a continuance of that poor eating, with less wheat, but even more dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment