Saturday, August 18, 2012

MT1010's Minimus Amp have arrived...

The New Balance MT1010 Minimus Amp arrived yesterday evening.  First impressions... They are awesome. 

MT1010 Minimus Amp - Right outta the box

I was concerned a bit about a review I had read about the toe-box being so big that it would bunch, and that you would have to cinch the laces completely in, and not have a good fit.  You can see from the pic below that I had no issues with the size 11.0, D width, shoe. I do have wide feet, but I think your feet would have to be like cross country skis for bunching to happen.

MT1010 Minimus Amp - See!  No bunching!
I've been wearing them non-stop since they arrived (not to bed tho!) and I'm really on the fence about wearing them in Leadville tonight. They are so comfortable, and fit so well, that I don't think I would have any problems with them.

I guess it'll be a game time decision on the old MT110's vs. the new, un-tested, MT1010's.

Anyways, Chris (#294) should be arriving at the Hope Aid Station any minute now - timing - he's doing great so far. Time for me to do my final prep and head out on the road. Should take me about 3 hours to get to the Twin Lakes Aid Station from home.

I'll attempt to upload the route to Endomondo periodically during the run, but no guarantees.

And, If I do go with the MT1010's tonight, I'll be sure to do a review on them.

2 comments:

  1. Just ordered a pair based on your review. Can't wait! Did you order the same size as your MT110s?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mike. I ordered the MT1010's in the same size as my MT110's. I'd love to hear how you like them!

      Delete