Monday, June 18, 2012

Training - 06/11/12 - 06/17/12

41.44 miles only this week, and starting my taper.  A really rough week with not one run where I felt good, or even half decent for that matter.  Poor eating and a huge lack of sleep, which included two all-night driving sessions, were the major contributors I suspect. Starting next week, I think I'll try to journal what I'm eating as well.

Monday, June 11 - 0 miles - Road Trip.

Tuesday, June 12 - 0 miles - Road Trip.

Wednesday, June 13 - 6.8 miles, 10:48 pace, 160 HR - Rough run after five days off and lack of sleep and good nutrition. Legs were heavy and tired, and everything just felt rusty. HR was way up there considering the effort.

Thursday, June 14 - 10.23 miles, 10:50 pace, 150 HR - Some 'OK' moments, but mostly just 'ugh'. Tried out my CamelBak Delaney DC pack for the first time - not liking it much so far, but is an option for the NF50.

Friday, June 15 - 6.25 miles, 10:55 pace, 139  HR - Nothing good today. No power, no strength, no energy, tired and fatigued. Mucked with my gear again. I think the dual bottle CamleBak is out. It's not comfortable until the bottles are half empty.  Used 24oz GU Brew and 24oz H2O. Pre-run Clif Bar (not my normal thing).  HR is back to normal it seems though.  Still not rested and my nutrition is off - as the Clif bar demonstrates. I'm kinda noticing that shortly after eating a Clif Bar, I feel kinda crap.

Saturday, June 16 - 0 miles - Rest.

Sunday, June 17 - 18.16 miles, 11:56 pace, 146 HR - My Sunday long run.  Ugh.  I treated this as more of a dress rehearsal for the North Fork 50 Mile that's in two weeks (June 30).  I mucked with my gear and fueled only with raisins and Hammer Heed.  I wore what I suspect I'll wear for the race, so I can dial in hot-spots / rubbing / chaffing.  Legs were tired and I had little stamina, especially for the first 5 miles. Things got a bit better after mile 5, but I was pretty toast by mile 12.  I walked a lot - which is good practice for my 50mi I guess.  The day followed with abysmal eating and I haven't been able to stick with my Gluten-Free, Paleo diet at all for the past couple of weeks.  I'm guessing that's why I feel so rubbish.  I need to get that dialed in and lose about 10 pounds in the next 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment