Monday, September 10, 2012

Training - 09/03/12 - 09/09/12

34.55 Miles.  Even less miles than last week.  Not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing, leading up to the Bear Chase 50 mile.  I'd rather be under-trained than over-trained though so I'm not too worried - and I'm feeling stronger than I ever have.

Monday, September 03 - 2.74 mile hike (not counted) - 160.6 lbs.  Holiday Monday!  My girls and I hiked Devil's Head and had a great time. Spectacular views and weather both.

View from Devil's Head.

View from Devil's Head.

My girls!

View from Devil's Head.

View from Devil's Head.
Tuesday,   September 04 - 0 Miles - Rest day. 162.8 lbs.

Wednesday,   September 05 - 7.09 miles, 9:40 pace, 162 HR - 161.2 lbs.  Boneyard run and I felt great. Any time I can do sub-10:00 pace at the Boneyard is a great day for me.  I didn't walk/hike at all but was ready to be done after 6 miles.

Thursday,   September 06 - 7.36 Miles, 9:49 pace, 155 HR. - 160.8 lbs.  High Line Canal today.  Legs were tired and feeling heavy. I was toast after only 4 miles at an easy pace.

Friday,   September 07 -  0 Miles - Rest day. 159.2 lbs.

Saturday,  September 08 -  20.10 miles, 11:08 pace, 152HR - 160.4 lbs.  Long run in the HRBC and Douglas County East West Trails. Not too happy with my pace today. Lots of hiking/walking, which is more my norm, but a 180 from last weekends long run.  Ran into Woody Anderson on my way back home and chatted for a bit. Cold and dark at 3:00am, with no clouds.

Sunday,  September 09 -   0 Miles - Rest day. 161.2 lbs. It was nice to sleep in after Saturday's 2:40am alarm clock.

Nutrition - Saturday night date night again. Popcorn at The Landmark Theater, Coke Zero, a glass of red wine, and some organic chocolate covered espresso beans. Figured I'd earned it with my 3am, 20 mile, run. Oh, and on the way home, some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from Safeway.  Sunday night I was ravenous, and hit buttered popcorn at home, some Late July - Sea Salt by the Seashore - Organic Corn Chips, and a Sprite Zero.  Still, I managed to stay gluten free, and dairy free - though definitely not paleo.  I've started drinking coffee too - black.  Just a cup a day kind of thing. I started easing into it a couple of weeks ago. So far, so good. Plan is to keep on doing what I'm doing until race day - Sunday, September 30th.

2 comments:

  1. Great seeing you out on the trails last weekend! I enjoyed following your footprints for the next hour or so. Way to go knocking out such an early AM long run. Looking forward to seeing you run out at the Bear Chase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great seeing you too, Woody! Hope you ended up having a good run out there. Ya, hopefully I'll see you at the Bear Chase. Sounds like Boyack will be out there at some point to shot some pics and heckle me. My wife and girls will be there at some point too. Maybe the fates will have all of your paths cross! If you ever want to try getting together for a run my e-mail is discostugotz at gmail dot com. Tell your wife good luck out there and have fun!!!

      Delete